Jan 11, 2012

post Christmas treat


I was in Mexico for Christmas and the whole week before Christmas, I didn't get to be especially "Christmassy" and I HAD to make some Christmas themed cupcakes! Gingerbread with peppermint buttercream frosting.
Cakes 

5 Table spoons of butter
1/2 a cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of honey (I don't like molasses)
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 table spoon of cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon of all spice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of hot milk

Cream the butter with the sugar, add the egg and egg yolk. put all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl excluding the baking powder which will be dissolved in the hot milk. add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, after stirred, pour the milk a baking powder in. Place in cup cake liners and make at 350 for about 20 minutes. 
Frosting


  • 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup peppermint candy (about 7 peppermint sticks), finely crushed
  • 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons peppermint schnapps (or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract)

  • make sure the butter is room temp. Just mix it all together and it will turn out fine! YUMMM.

  • I got the recipe from all over the place, cook books, internet, I also made a lot of this one up myself. Let me know if there are any questions. Enjoy my post Christmas treat!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment