Feb 1, 2012

Mixing Away

My birthday gift!!!!!!!
Best gift I have ever gotten.
Seriously.
I was so excited when it came last night that I immediately ripped the box open and washed everything so I could use it right then and there. I was so eager that I didn't even use a recipe for whipped cream. I just poured a carton of heavy cream in and started the mixer! I also put powder sugar and vanilla in it. It tuned out yummy but I was just so amazed that I didn't have to hold a mixer I forgot that i didn't have anything to put the whipped cream on! So, I put it in the freezer.
Frozen whipped cream is delicious! 
After I got over the initial shock that I am now LEGIT. I decided to bake something

NOM NOM NOM...
Pink white cakes with strawberry
meringue frosting
strawberry candy
I'm so happy that I have a mixer I feel like I could make anything!
CAKES
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons strawberry extract
1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk

cream together the sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time, add the strawberry. Let that all mix together. Add the flour and powder little at a time after that is all mixed add the milk. Also, I added food coloring. Bake for 20 mins. on 350. 

I know that you are thinking... I didn't use fresh berries and I took the easy way out. I know.. I don't care!!! They were yummy cakes and pink. Which is what I was going for.

MERINGUE
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

put the sugar and water in a sauce pan and let the sugar melt. While this is going on have the egg whites  in YOUR MIXER :) beating until fluffy. Once the sugar is boiling and the sugar is dissolved, pour slowly in the eggs while they are still beating. add flavoring and coloring keep beating until stiff and glossy. Spread or decorate as soon as possible

CANDY
same recipe below but add some strawberry extract and food coloring.

This recipe is completely un-natural. The color's are crazy and the recipes were very simple. But it's ok!  I wasn't going for extreme today. I was going for fun! I was tired and I was looking for an excuse to use my new mixer! Hope you enjoy! Go and make cute cakes now!

No comments:

Post a Comment